Find An Off Campus Apartment You’ll Love
Heading to college next fall? One of the major decisions you will make is where you will live. Finding off campus living is not a big issue. The real issue is how to find an apartment you will be happy with.
Suggestions For How To Find An Apartment That Makes You Happy
- Keep in mind you will be spending a lot of time at your apartment. Many students make the mistake of thinking they will spend little time at their apartment. The reality is, unless you have an unlimited entertainment budget and don’t plan on studying, you will spend a lot of time there. If you want to know how to find the apartment you will be happy with, choose one you can feel comfortable spending lots of time in.
- Laundry can be a big deal. Where is the closest laundry facility? How much does it cost? Few college students enjoy doing laundry so make sure it is as convenient as possible.
- Are there affordable recreational opportunities nearby? A big part of the college experience is the social aspects. Part of the reality of it is you will probably be on a tight budget. Having affordable down-time activities nearby will make life much better.
- Look for potential privacy issues. Will apartment bathrooms need to be shared? Are the walls soundproof? Are there upstairs or downstairs neighbors?
- What security features does the building and apartment have? Is the building limited access? Do the apartments themselves have any security features? Is parking nearby?
- Is the apartment energy efficient? Utilities will likely play a part in your budget. How old are the heating and cooling system? Are the walls insulated? Are the windows well sealed?
- Is the apartment in a pet-friendly community? If bringing your pet to college would be comforting, make sure you find an apartment that is pet-friendly. If you want to know how to find an apartment that is truly pet-friendly, make sure it offers green space or has a park nearby.
The Retreat at Gainesville: Opening in the Fall of 2016
If you will be attending the University of Florida in the fall of 2016, we invite you to learn more about how to find an apartment that will make you happy at The Retreat at Gainesville. The Retreat is a luxury, off campus student living community that is conducive to both the academic and social aspects of college.
The Retreat at Gainesville is a limited access community with front door parking, privacy walls and security systems in each apartment. Apartments are well appointed with stainless steel appliances, premium countertops, and in-unit, full-size washers and dryers. Our two to six bedroom cottage-style apartments are constructed so there are no upstairs or downstairs neighbors. Our newly constructed buildings are energy efficient with modern heating and cooling systems.
Recreational opportunities abound with our resort-style pool, outdoor pavilion and volleyball court. Our Clubhouse includes a fitness center, coffee shop, a game room, wide-screen TV’s and group study areas. Ours is a pet-friendly community with plenty of green space.
How to find an apartment you will be happy with? Contact The Retreat at Gainesville today. We can help you with an apartment that will enhance your college experience.